Payment and Cancellation Policy
Online and In-Person Session Work
At the time of booking your programme, I ask you to pay in full, or the first instalment to confirm your booking. You will then be asked to pay the next instalment before we continue the reminder of your programme. A booking is confirmed once Karen Denise Welch and you, the participant, have both agreed a date, time, duration and location for an appointment.
If you need to reschedule or cancel a session after you have paid, the following cancellation terms apply:
- All sessions need 48 hours’ notice and I will reschedule your session.
- If I need to reschedule a session, I will aim to also give 48 hours’ notice, if this is not possible, I will refund the session.
Programme Cancellation Policy
I write a very clear description of my programmes and I offer a free in-depth consultation, including how I work and who is suitable for this work. However, once a programme has been paid for you may always request a refund after our first session if you are not satisfied.
Before we start working together, I will:
- Share my experience and training – and areas where I lack training
- Share my fees and billing practices
- Share client rights to terminate sessions and any financial obligation if that occurs
- Share my right to terminate sessions – if I feel you, the client, are not benefitting from the service
- Share what I can and can’t provide – such as support between sessions
It is important both for in-person or virtual sessions that the agreed start time and duration is kept. I appreciate that sometimes things happen, and you may arrive slightly later or need to leave a bit earlier than planned, however missed time cannot be made up by overrunning or adding time to subsequent sessions.
- Payment in advance is required unless using cash. Cash is due at the start of your appointment.
- I accept online payments. Cash and bank transfers can be arranged if necessary.
- If you plan on paying by bank transfer, please let me know prior to your appointment so your payment is completed in advance.
- Invoices will be sent via email to clients who pay cash and cancel within 48 hours. This must be paid within 7 days of the issue date.
All participant information and records will be safeguarded by Karen Denise Welch and will remain confidential. Unless required to do so by law, we will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to us without your consent.
Consultations will not be discussed with anyone other than the participant, unless the participant is under the age of 18 or has a care worker or guardian.
Ethical Code of Practice
- Karen Denise Welch (and Associates) will be professional in attitude and conduct, responsible in relations with participants and colleagues, reliable in agreements and timely in appointment schedules.
- Karen Denise Welch recognises the importance of consent and choice in all professional interactions with individuals and groups. We will strive to provide a range of options so that you can actively choose what will serve your own
growth. At no time shall a participant be required or coerced to participate in any activity, event or exercise. Karen Denise Welch informs and educates participants’ about consent and choice and actively creates learning environments
where participants are empowered to exercise those skills.
- Karen Denise Welch will consider the limits of their skills and experience before accepting requests for services to potential participants and will refuse professional work for which they are insufficiently qualified and may recommend
another modality or practitioner.
- Karen Denise Welch may use physical touch if deemed appropriate.
a. If so, touch will be offered consciously and with the attitude to do no harm, with concern for the participant’s growth; for the safety of both/all parties; and to honour the agreed boundaries established. We agree to co-create clear agreements with participants before engaging in any form of bodywork.
b. Sessions are participant-centred and the participants’ boundaries are of primary importance.
c. We acknowledge the importance of maintaining and respecting agreed boundaries. Boundaries are to be discussed, agreed and set at the beginning of each session; including the stipulation that boundaries may not be renegotiated or changed during that session. Maintaining the agreed boundaries also includes stopping touch when participants request it.
d. Karen Denise Welch understands the inherent inequality of power of facilitation roles and actively aim to avoid the impact of this inequality in relationship with participants.
- Karen Denise Welch will terminate professional relationships with participants when such services are no longer required or no longer serve the needs and interests of the participant. Karen Denise Welch may unilaterally terminate
services, on just and reasonable grounds after careful consideration of all situational factors and any possible adverse effects. Karen Denise Welch will be responsible for making appropriate referrals and for providing support
to participants during such transitions where possible.
- Karen Denise Welch will refrain from the exploitation of professional relationships with participants, whether current or past, for personal gain, whether financial, professional, emotional, sexual, or for research purposes.
- Karen Denise Welch will respect, defend, and preserve the privacy of all information gained from participants and will preserve the anonymity of participants at all times.
Karen Denise Welch services are not a substitute for professional medical care. You/the participant have a duty to provide accurate and true information, to the best of your knowledge, about any mental health or medical concerns that might impact our work together.
Karen Denise Welch provides facilitation, guidance, mentoring and somatic work in a variety of forms, but none of these modalities are a substitute for professional medical or psychiatric care.
Karen Denise Welch may refuse to work any participant with just and reasonable cause. Karen Denise Welch reserves the right to terminate any appointment or group at any time if they believe that it is not safe or in the participants’ best interest to continue. Likewise you have the right to refuse, modify or terminate a session at any time, regardless of prior consent given.